Each court may be booked for an hour at a time, up to one hour in advance.
Courts 1, 3 and 5 are booked on the half-hour
Courts 2, 4 and 6 on the hour
To book, put your name on the board in the Clubhouse. When the clubhouse is closed, please use the board outside.
As a courtesy, please book a court that is free before one that is in use, unless you prefer a specific court surface.
Courts may be booked either:
a) By two or four players who have arranged to play together. Write all names on the board under the court number, noting the time for the booking.
b) By one or more persons who have not made up a four. Write your name on the board under the court number, noting the time for the booking, or join others who have already done so to make up a four. Pre-arranged fours do not have priority over individuals who have put their names on the board waiting to make up a four.
· As soon as play has begun on court, the names of those playing can be rubbed out and the next booking started.
· A name cannot be down for more than one court a time. If you are already on court your name cannot be put down for another court.
· At least two of the doubles players must be at the Club by the allocated time otherwise the court may be taken by other players. A courtesy period of 5 minutes must be observed for latecomers.
· Doubles take priority if the courts are fully booked. If two people are playing singles they cannot refuse to play a game of doubles or to share the court if two others wish to join them within 15 minutes of the start time. A singles which has been on court for 15 minutes can continue for the remainder of the hour.
· If your name is down to play and whilst waiting a court is seen unoccupied, it is acceptable to warm up on this court until the court you booked becomes available. However, if one or more members wish to book the court you are warming up on, they will have priority.
· Court priority times: please be aware that during certain times, priority access is given to junior and improver members, and to coaching – please refer to the Court Allocation schedule posted in the Clubhouse and see below for further details about booking these courts at junior priority times. Alternatively, please check our schedule in this section of the website.
Court 6/Hitting wall
Court 6 cannot be booked for hitting wall practice. The wall is available to anyone on a first-come, first-served basis provided the court is free. However, booked games of either singles or doubles have priority over use of the hitting wall.
Junior Booking rules
At junior priority times, juniors have priority access to Courts 1 and 6, and should make every effort to book these courts first. However, if during those times, courts 1 and 6 are busy but another court is free, juniors are allowed to book that court. For details of court priority and usage, please see the Court Allocation Schedule posted in Clubhouse.
Junior Priority booking rules
Juniors have priority access to certain courts at the weekends (please refer to the Court Allocation schedule posted in the Clubhouse). Juniors can book these courts up until 10 minutes before start time, even if adults have booked before them. However, if juniors are more than 5 minutes late getting on court, the court can be taken by other players.
© 2019 Globe Lawn Tennis Club
All rights reserved
Design © 2018 Globe Tennis Club
All rights reserved